Our Junior Girls win first ever JUEL medal
May 22, 2018 - For the first time, the Kingston Impact Junior Girls basketball team has returned from the JUEL Championship with a medal.
Seeded 4th entering the tournament, the team went 4-1 with their only loss coming to the undefeated and eventual champions Scarborough Blues in the Sunday semi-final.
In the bronze medal game, the girls defended hard while riding their depth and height advantage to finish 3rd with a convincing 82-61 victory over defending champion Transway (Hamilton).
To our knowledge, this is the first time a Junior U19 Women's basketball team from the greater Kingston area has medalled at this level of competition since the early 1990's when Stacey Dales traveled from Brockville to help win a Provincial Club championship with the Kingston Lakers.
In addition to the success on the court, a number of our athletes were recognized for their contributions on and off the court during the annual JUEL Banquet.
- Aaliyah Edwards (JUEL 1st team all-star)
- Maggie Besselink (JUEL 2nd team all-star)
- Bryn Reynolds (JUEL Community Service Award)
- Jessica Kerr (JUEL Prep Academic Excellence Award)
- Calista Payne (Mackenzie Curran Award)
- Calista Payne (JUEL Prep Community Service Award)
- JUEL Prep Academic Team Award