2018 House League portion of D-League begins
House League Play for Bantam Girls, Novice Boys, Atom Boys and Bantam Boys.
The season will start Saturday January 13th, 2018 and finish Saturday February 17th.
Saturday, March 3rd (playoffs both east & west sites), Sunday March 4th (East / West Championship day BSS only).
Division timing will remain consistent with ‘D’ league with the exception of this final playoff weekend.
Teams will be formed based upon the number of players registered for the program. We will do our best to accommodate friends on teams but want to ensure balanced competitiveness.
- Teams will have a minimum 6 players to a maximum of 10 in order for the league to run.
- 3 Players are required for a game otherwise the team automatically forfeits.
- A parent/volunteer coach will oversee each team for the games.
Games will be played under modified FIBA rules.
- 4 on 4 play (Novice boys can play 5 on 5 depending on numbers)
- Cross court play for league
- 3 point shot is not in play
- Equal play will be enforced by having players rotate in every 4 minutes.
- Man to man defence only – no zone is allowed anywhere on the court.
- Referees will be High School Basketball players and volunteers with Impact.
- Will use appropriate size ball and net heights for the divisions.
- 25 Minute warm-up/Pracitice
- 2 – 24 minute half's of continuous time
- 6 – 4 minute continuous time periods per half.
- 5 minute half-time
The league will be composed of a regular season followed by a playoff and championship. Seeding from the league games will be applied to the tournament format.
- 8 teams per division (4 in the East, 4 in the West) except Bantam Girls which will have 4 West teams only.
- 6 game regular season
- Playoff and Championship
- Standings/Schedule will be posted on website if applicable
- Games to be held Saturday's at Bayridge S.S. over 6 weeks with a break for Impact Mega tournament (Feb 24). Championship weekend is Saturday March 3rd (at BSS and SJAM) and Sunday March 4th (at BSS only).
The times remain the same as the development league schedule;
- 11 am – Bantam Girls (ages 11 to 13)
- 12:30 pm – Novice Boys (ages 8 and 9)
- 2 pm – Atom Boys (ages 10 and 11)
- 3:30 pm – Bantam Boys (ages 12 and 13)
- Playoff weekend may vary starting at 9 am to accommodate all games.
Games will be played using FIBA rules except for the following changes. The rationale for all these changes is to maximize actual playing time and to encourage player development.
- 4 on 4 play (can go 3 on 3 if a team has 4 players for that game and all coaches agree to the 3 on 3 - safety of the players takes precedent).
- If a team only has 3 players it is an automatic forfeit. If a team has only 4 players for a game and they play 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 with their regular roster players this will constitutes a regular game. If they want to add a non-roster player from another House League team which modifies their current player roster then that is deemed a forfeit. If a team has 5 or more players they can not add any extra players to their current roster for that game.
- Games played on cross court.
- 3 point shot is not in play
- Games are to be 1hr in total duration (no overtime – ties will stand).
- Warm up/Practice should commence as soon as the previous game is finished.
- 12 – 4 minute running time periods.
- 5 minute half time after the first 6 periods
- Coaches are to substitute players every period.
- Equal play will be enforced.
- Clock will stop only in the last 2 minutes of the last period of the 2nd half if the score differential is less than 10 points.
- Each team will be allowed 1 timeout (1 minute) per half.
- Fouls will be called.
- There are no foul shots.
- On a foul while attempting a shot:
- On a shot not made, the team fouled will receive 1 point and the ball. There are no foul shots.
- On a shot made, team fouled will recieve 2 points for the basket + 1 additional point for the foul but the defending team will receive possession of the ball.
- After 10 team fouls per half the team fouled will receive a point and the ball.
- Players cannot foul out but can be ejected for excessive fouling or unsportsmanlike play.
- If a technical is issued, the other team will receive 2 points plus possession.
- Man to man defense only. Double teaming is not allowed unless it occurs in a help and recover situation. Players cannot stay in a double team for more than a 2 count. Coaches and officials to monitor
- Half court rule enforced at all times.The Half Court Rule is - defensive team must allow the other team to bring the ball across half court unencumbered. However in the last period of play the ball must be brought across half court within 10 seconds. This will eliminate teams with the lead holding onto the ball in their end in order to run out the clock and ensure fair play.
- Back court violation enforced but some leeway is given for distance due to cross court game.