Apply to Coach a Competitive Team for the 2015-2016 season
June 18, 2015 - The Kingston Impact would like to invite all interested people to apply to coach in our Competitive Program for the 2015-2016 season.
- Fill out the Coaching Application Form.
- Please indicate in your application whether you are willing to coach other teams other than the primary team you are looking to coach.
- You are welcome to provide as much or as little information as you would like about your coaching experience for us to make our decision. If we feel we need more information we will certainly be in touch with you.
- Application must be received by no later than July 3rd, 2015.
- For positions that remain unfilled from this initial process we will be seeking to fill these vacant positions with coaches through our own recruitment process throughout the year.
- The Club will name head coaches through this process. Assistant coaches will be determined by the head coaches in conjunction with the Club as per our normal policies. But please if you would like to be an assistant for the coming year please still fill out the application so we are aware of who is interested so that we can match up assistant coaches with head coaches.
- The applications will be reviewed by a sub committee of the Executive. The committee will make a recommendation for the coaching assignments to be reviewed and ratified by the full Executive at their summer meeting.
- The sub committee will have full discretion to decide for each individual team/position how to determine the best candidate to coach the team. This may include requesting additional information about your coaching experience and background, interviews, relying upon our own knowledge of your suitability for the position, or seeking references from others. In other words, we do not have a set process that will be used for each situation. We will determine the most appropriate process based on the types and numbers of applications we receive for each position.
- All head coaching positions are open to be filled for both boys and girls from Atom to Junior/Juel. Please remember that per Impact policy, the head coaching assignments for the Club’s four elite level teams: Girls Juel, Girls Juel Prep, Boys Major Midget, and Boys Junior are for 2 year terms. This policy is in place to allow greater continuity for these teams and so coaches can fulfill the higher expectations of coaching one of these teams.
If the sub committee and Executive are required to choose between multiple applications to coach one of our teams, in order to provide some clarity please see below the competencies and attributes that will be considered in the decision:
To fill our available competitive program coaching positions with quality coaches who will best allow for appropriate player development, team success, and the continuity and operation of the Club.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated coaching experience and success at the appropriate level for the age/competitive level applied for;
- Demonstrated ability to provide coaching that furthers player development in line with the LTAD model at the age/competitive level applied for;
- Demonstrated ability or interest to coach in conformity with the objectives and values of the club; and
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and appropriately with the club executive, club administrators, officials, parents, opposition coaches, and tournament organizers.
- Level of coaching qualification
- Years, type, and level of coaching/and or playing experience
- Level of past commitment to and involvement with the Club
For more information please email email@example.com.